Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I'm going to be on TV! (and other Hudsonville Happenings)

Wow, it seems like a busy week here! 

FRIDAY:
First, WZZM 13 has asked me to be on Take 5 again this week Friday, April 15 between 9 a.m. and 10 a.m.  Since it is Oral Cancer Awareness month, I thought it would be fitting to speak on oral cancer.  I'm also going to talk about the different oral cancer screening tools that I use in my office every day. 

We use the Velscope oral cancer screening tool in my office.  For those of you that have never seen it done, it is a small device that shines a special light in your mouth.  If there are abnormalities, or abnormal cells, the light will reflect a different appearance.  Should we find anything suspicious, we will then take the next steps to see if it is something to worry about.

Here is a picture of the Velscope:

Since oral cancer is such a serious thing, I am also holding a FREE oral cancer screening event on Friday, April 22 at my office from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.  Tell your friends!  The screening will only take a few minutes, and could potentially save lives!  No appointments are necessary, just stop in anytime that day.

SATURDAY:

Hudsonville Showcase!  Stop by our booth at the Hudsonville High School between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m.  We're planning some good giveaways, so stop by and say hello!  Unfortunately, I won't be there, but some of my fantastic staff members will be!

THURSDAY-SATURDAY:

The Michigan Dental Association's annual meeting is being held in Grand Rapids later this week.  They've asked me to help out by being a speaker host for a number of the seminars.  I will also be attending a number of seminars myself.  Continuing education is so important for staying ahead of the changes in dentistry! 


COOL NEW ITEM:

We are now an authorized provider for the Under Armour mouthguards!  They have performance-enhancing mouthguards, as well as regular mouthguards for contact and non-contact sports.  See below for more info.

No comments:

Post a Comment